1. If you have any questions about the list or its running, you can contact
the people who look after the list by sending a message to the
Generally this will be Jon, HHH and Badger, but use that address or the Ciderspace mailing
address in case one of us is in the pub and doesn't come out. Contact us if you've got
stuck trying to subscribe or unsubscribe - please don't mail the list with your request.
The list owners can subscribe and unsubscribe people as requested, so if you're feeling
lazy then drop us a line.
2. If you are entirely new to the list, and don't know anyone on the list,
have a quick read of some of the digests that are archived on YahooGroups in the
yeoviltownfc section. These
archives are only available for members though. Once you've done that, how about
introducing yourself ?
3. To reply to a message, just hit your reply-to button. You'll find that the
address for the mailing list is already filled in for you. Try to get rid of any
unnecessary text, particularly advert banners, that may exist from the original message,
as this will make your post easier to read for others.
4. The main topic of conversation is that of Yeovil Town Football Club.
However, postings relating to other Third Division clubs, local rivals, major sporting
events, West Country culture etc will be tolerated as long as it doesn't take over the
main focus of the list. This is not a hard-and-fast rule ...... just use your brain
over what you think is sensible.
5. If you disagree with someone's viewpoint, then state your own view. However,
please do not ridicule or insult that person for their views. Everyone has got an
opinion and no-one is right or wrong! You'll gain far more credibility if you don't
put people down, even if you are having difficulty in seeing their point of view.
6. Don't be afraid to post!! If you are sat on an idea or an opinion, or your
morning newspaper has a news story that no-one seems to have noticed, then share it
7. Stay clear of extreme foul language. We've registered this list with
YahooGroups as being "Safe For Kids" so we don't
want angry parents bashing on the doors of Ciderspace Towers! If you want to use such
words for effect then don't put them in the subject title at all, and make good use of
the "*" key!
8. Don't get too stressed out by the rules! Most of it is common sense, and the
rest you will pick up by what others are doing.
9. Finally, if it don't make sense, then
drop us a line!