Match Details: 18/02/2014
Yeovil Town 0-0 Watford
Football League Championship
Yeovil Line-Up: 1. Marek Stech, 2. Luke Ayling, 3. Jamie McAllister, 4. Joe Edwards, 5. Byron Webster, 9. James Hayter, 11. Tom Lawrence, 15. Shane Duffy, 19. Joe Ralls, 27. Ishmael Miller, 31. John Lundstram
Subs: 7. Kevin Dawson, 8. Ruben Palazuelos, 10. Sam Foley, 13. Kieffer Moore, 18. Matteo Lanzoni, 24. Chris Dunn, 29. Adam Morgan,
Substitutes Used: Kieffer Moore for James Hayter (79 mins), Adam Morgan for John Lundstram (82 mins)
Bookings: Byron Webster (Foul, 71), Ishmael Miller (Foul, 90)
Yeovil Town quietly gained another point tonight - but probably needed more than that as they had to settle for a goalless match against Watford at Huish Park. Nil-nil draws involving Gary Johnson's sides are usually as rare as hen's teeth, and that was the first since the mid-October home game against Brighton and Hove Albion, still leaving them bottom of the division despite Barnsley's defeat tonight.
Both sides could have won the game, with Ishmael Miller and Alexander Merkel having goals ruled out for offside during the first half. In play that wasn't interrupted by the linesman's flags, Shane Duffy produced a couple of brilliant blocks to deny Hornets top scorer Troy Deeney. At the other end, Tom Lawrence was a thorn in Watford's side with some excellent running down the flanks, forcing Manuel Almunia into a strong save on more than one occasion.
In truth though, far too many shots from both sides went wide of the goal frame, and the longer the game went on, the less either keeper had to do. The end result was a 0-0 draw that was "okay", but in reality wasn't quite what everyone wanted as Yeovil remain bottom of the Championship table, and currently six points from the safety line.
Final Score: Yeovil Town 0 Watford 0.
Yeovil Town (4-4-2):
1. Marek Stech
2. Luke Ayling 5. Byron Webster 15. Shane Duffy 3. Jamie McAllister (Captain)
31. John Lundstram 4. Joe Edwards 19. Joe Ralls 11. Tom Lawrence
9. James Hayter 27. Ishmael Miller
24. Chris Dunn 7. Kevin Dawson 8. Ruben Palazuelos 10. Sam Foley 13. Kieffer Moore (79 mins for James Hayter) 18. Matteo Lanzoni 29. Adam Morgan (82 mins for John Lundstram)
1. Manuel Almunia
4. Gabriele Angella 27. Marco Cassetti 6. Joel Ekstrand
21. Ikechi Anya 28. Daniel Tozser 7. Cristian Battocchio 8. Alexander Merkel 18. Daniel Pudil
9. Troy Deeney 13. Mathias Ranegie
2. Reece Brown 5. Essaid Belkalem 16. Sean Murray (72 mins for Alexander Merkel) 19. Marco Davide Faraoni (89 mins for Daniel Pudil) 20. Chu-Young Park 30. Jonathan Bond 31. Tommie Hoban
Yeovil Bookings: Byron Webster (foul, 71 mins), Ishmael Miller (foul, 90 mins)
Watford Bookings: Marco Cassetti (foul)
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 51%; Shots: 12; Shots On Target: 4; Corners: 8; Fouls: 12.
Watford Match Statistics: Possession: 49%; Shots: 10; Shots On Target: 2; Corners: 5; Fouls: 13.
Referee: James Adcock (Nottinghamshire). Assistants: Ian Crouch (Kent) and Mark Howes (Birmingham). Fourth Official: Adam Hopkins (Devon).
Attendance: 6,042 (including 1,169 Watford fans).