Match Details: 04/01/2014
Yeovil Town 4-0 Leyton Orient
FA Cup Third Round
Yeovil Goals: James Hayter (12), Joel Grant (49), James Hayter (60), Kieffer Moore (90)
Yeovil Line-Up: 1. Marek Stech, 2. Luke Ayling, 4. Joe Edwards, 5. Byron Webster, 7. Kevin Dawson, 9. James Hayter, 10. Sam Foley, 15. Shane Duffy, 21. Liam Davis, 23. Joel Grant, 31. John Lundstram
Subs: 3. Jamie McAllister, 8. Ed Upson, 13. Kieffer Moore, 22. Joe Jones, 24. Chris Dunn, 26. Seth Nana Omuri-Twumasi, 29. Adam Morgan,
Substitutes Used: Ed Upson for Byron Webster (50 mins), Adam Morgan for Sam Foley (72 mins), Kieffer Moore for James Hayter (82 mins)
Bookings: Liam Davis (Foul, 74)
Yeovil Town gained a comfortable passage to the Fourth Round of the FA Cup this afternoon, as they cruised past League One promotion chasers Leyton Orient by a 4-0 scoreline. The Glovers were on their way as early as the 12th minute of the match as James Hayter headed home after Shane Duffy had won an aerial challenge inside the box, with Hayter capitalising upon the loose ball.
If the first half was functional without significant excitement, in the second half Yeovil took full control of the match. Four minutes into the half Liam Davis made a strong left-wing run and cross into the box, and Joel Grant was on hand to slide the ball home. Then on the hour mark good work by substitute Ed Upson set up Kevin Dawson, and his cross into the box was met by a James Hayter header that put the game out of sight.
The match was rounded up by substitute Kieffer Moore, who broke the offside trap via a Joe Edwards through ball, and confidently ran through to slide the ball home. Orient threatened little, and their decision to withdraw three senior players from their line-up, whilst leaving senior striker Kevin Lisbie on the bench perhaps shows where their priorities lay once the Glovers had gone a couple of goals up, offering little in the way of a threat throughout the game.
Final Score: Yeovil Town 4 Leyton Orient 0.
Scorers: James Hayter (12 mins, 1-0), Joel Grant (49 mins, 2-0), James Hayter (60 mins, 3-0), Kieffer Moore (90 mins, 4-0).
Yeovil Town (4-4-2):
1. Marek Stech
2. Luke Ayling 5. Byron Webster (Captain) 15. Shane Duffy 21. Liam Davis
7. Kevin Dawson 4. Joe Edwards 31. John Lundstram 10. Sam Foley
23. Joel Grant 9. James Hayter
24. Chris Dunn 3. Jamie McAllister 8. Ed Upson (50 mins for Byron Webster) 13. Kieffer Moore (82 mins for James Hayter) 22. Joe Jones 26. Seth Nana Omuri-Twumasi 29. Adam Morgan (72 mins for Sam Foley)
Leyton Orient (4-5-1):
12. Jake Larkins
2. Elliot Omozusi 5. Scott Cuthbert 15. Nathan Clarke 3. Gary Sawyer
11. Moses Odubajo 8. Lloyd James 29. Jamie Ness 6. Mathieu Baudry 7. Dean Cox
19. Yohann Lasimant
30. Shaquile Coulthirst (61 mins for Dean Cox) 9. Kevin Lisbie 16. Harry Lee (80 mins for Mathieu Baudry) 20. Johnny Gorman (70 mins for Lloyd James) 26. Alex Finney 27. Sam Ling 28. Charlie Grainger
Yeovil Bookings: Liam Davis (foul, 74 mins)
Leyton Orient Bookings: None.
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 55%; Shots: 9; Shots On Target: 4; Corners: 3; Fouls: 6.
Leyton Orient Match Statistics: Possession: 45%; Shots: 6; Shots On Target: 1; Corners: 6; Fouls: 11.
Referee: Oliver Langford (West Midlands). Assistants: Brett Huxtable (Devon) and Andrew Bennett (Devon). Fourth Official: Richard Martin (Weston-super-Mare).
Attendance: 3,667 (including 325 Leyton Orient supporters).