Match Details: 11/03/2014
Yeovil Town 0-1 Ipswich Town
Football League Championship
Yeovil Line-Up: 1. Marek Stech, 2. Luke Ayling, 3. Jamie McAllister, 4. Joe Edwards, 5. Byron Webster, 8. Ruben Palazuelos, 9. James Hayter, 11. Tom Lawrence, 15. Shane Duffy, 20. Duane Holmes, 27. Ishmael Miller,
Subs: 7. Kevin Dawson, 13. Kieffer Moore, 14. Sam Hoskins, 18. Matteo Lanzoni, 24. Chris Dunn, 26. Seth Nana Omuri-Twumasi, 29. Adam Morgan
Substitutes Used: Sam Hoskins for James Hayter (46 mins), Kieffer Moore for Ishmael Miller (46 mins), Adam Morgan for Duane Holmes (73 mins)
Bookings: Joe Edwards (Ungentlemanly Conduct, 68)
Yeovil Town's five match unbeaten run came to an end tonight as they were beaten by a professional looking Ipswich Town side. The visiting Tractor Boys had to deal with plenty of first half pressure during the opening 25 minutes, but they gradually took control and grabbed the lead five minutes before the break. A Stephen Hunt corner was flicked on and Christophe Berra turned out to be the match winner as he converted from close range to put Ipswich 1-0 up.
Whilst that might have been a little harsh at half time, Ipswich deserved their win during a second half in which they employed classic 'away team' tactics for a side that had the goal advantage. Kieffer Moore, Sam Hoskins and Adam Morgan were all introduced as attacking substitutes, but Ipswich snuffed them all out - apart from one 90th minute chance when Moore's excellent turn from the edge of the box came off the inside of the post, and with that Yeovil's one and only genuine second half chance came and went.
With Barnsley and Millwall both losing, no serious damage has been done to the league table, although Doncaster's late 2-1 win over Watford, and Blackpool's success over the Lions means that the Championship table is looking increasingly like a battle between four clubs to avoid the bottom three positions.
Final Score: Yeovil Town 0 Ipswich Town 1.
Scorers: Christophe Berra (40 mins, 0-1)
Yeovil Town (4-4-2):
1. Marek Stech
2. Luke Ayling 5. Byron Webster 15. Shane Duffy 3. Jamie McAllister (Captain)
20. Duane Holmes 4. Joe Edwards 8. Ruben Palazuelos 11. Tom Lawrence
9. James Hayter 27. Ishmael Miller
7. Kevin Dawson 13. Kieffer Moore (46 mins for Ishmael Miller) 14. Sam Hoskins (46 mins for James Hayter) 18. Matteo Lanzoni 24. Chris Dunn 26. Seth Nana Ofori-Twumasi 29. Adam Morgan (73 mins for Duane Holmes)
22. Dean Gerken
4. Luke Chambers 6. Christophe Berra 5. Tommy Smith 3. Aaron Cresswell
11. Paul Anderson 8. Cole Skuse 19. Luke Hyam 12. Stephen Hunt
9. Daryl Murphy 27. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake
1. Scott Loach 15. Tyrone Mings (66 mins for Sylvan Ebanks-Blake) 16. Paul Green (85 mins for Paul Anderson) 18. Jay Tabb 24. Frazer Richardson 25. Jonathan Williams (62 mins for Stephen Hunt) 26. Paul Taylor
Yeovil Bookings: Joe Edwards (diving, 68 mins)
Ipswich Bookings: Luke Hyam (foul, 34 mins), Stephen Hunt (foul, 61 mins)
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 52%; Shots: 8; Shots On Target: 1; Corners: 3; Fouls: 12.
Ipswich Match Statistics: Possession: 48%; Shots: 18; Shots On Target: 6; Corners: 8; Fouls: 19.
Referee: Simon Hooper (Wiltshire). Assistants: Derek Eaton (Gloucestershire) and Dean Treleaven (West Sussex). Fourth Official: Adrian Tranter (Dorset).
Attendance: 5,920 (including 1,091 Ipswich fans).