Match Details: 22/02/2014
Yeovil Town 1-0 Doncaster Rovers
Football League Championship
Yeovil Goals: James Hayter (59)
Yeovil Line-Up: 1. Marek Stech, 2. Luke Ayling, 3. Jamie McAllister, 4. Joe Edwards, 5. Byron Webster, 9. James Hayter, 11. Tom Lawrence, 15. Shane Duffy, 19. Joe Ralls, 20. Duane Holmes, 27. Ishmael Miller,
Subs: 7. Kevin Dawson, 8. Ruben Palazuelos, 10. Sam Foley, 13. Kieffer Moore, 18. Matteo Lanzoni, 24. Chris Dunn, 29. Adam Morgan
Substitutes Used: Kieffer Moore for Ishmael Miller (12 mins), Kevin Dawson for Duane Holmes (77 mins)
Yeovil Town gained a valuable three points this afternoon at Huish Park, after they beat relegation rivals Doncaster Rovers by a single goal. That goal came just shot of the hour mark, as James Hayter sunk the club that he had once helped to promotion into the Championship, having spent five successful years with Doncaster.
Hayter's spot kick came after James Husband had brought down Huddersfield Town loanee Duane Holmes inside the box in a match where both clubs had looked nervous at times on a heavy pitch. Hayter struck his penalty down the middle and that was good enough to win a match in which Kieffer Moore struck the post from close range, whilst Kevin Dawson missed an opportunity to double the lead as he headed off the underside of the crossbar from a Joe Edwards cross.
The only downside of the day was the early withdrawal of Ishmael Miller, who came off with a hamstring injury, with Duane Holmes' second half substitution put down to cramp. The points were made all the more valuable by the post-match news that Barnsley and Charlton Athletic had also won their games, ensuring the bottom three closed up rapidly on Millwall, who lost at Oakwell, and of course Donny themselves.
Final Score: Yeovil Town 1 Doncaster Rovers 0.
Scorers: James Hayter (1-0, 59 mins, pen)
Yeovil Town (4-4-2):
1. Marek Stech
2. Luke Ayling 5. Byron Webster 15. Shane Duffy 3. Jamie McAllister (Captain)
20. Duane Holmes 4. Joe Edwards 19. Joe Ralls 11. Tom Lawrence
9. James Hayter 27. Ishmael Miller
24. Chris Dunn 7. Kevin Dawson (77 mins for Duane Holmes) 8. Ruben Palazuelos 10. Sam Foley 13. Kieffer Moore (12 mins for Ishmael Miller) 18. Matteo Lanzoni 29. Adam Morgan
33. Sam Johnstone
2. Paul Quinn 14. Bongani Khumalo 20. Abdoulaye Meite 3. James Husband
26. James Coppinger 18. Paul Keegan 19. Richie Wellens 7. Mark Duffy
9. Chris Brown 34. Jordan Bowery
4. Dean Furman 11. David Cotterill (65 mins for Mark Duffy) 12. Luke McCullough 13. Jonathan Maxted 21. Marc De Val Fernandez 30. Alex Peterson 31. Enda Stevens
Yeovil Bookings: None.
Doncaster Bookings: Mark Duffy (foul, 56 mins), Chris Brown (foul, 78 mins), David Cotterill (foul, 90 mins)
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 41%; Shots: 12; Shots On Target: 5; Corners: 6; Fouls: 14.
Doncaster Match Statistics: Possession: 59%; Shots: 14; Shots On Target: 2; Corners: 6; Fouls: 12.
Referee: Darren Drysdale (Lincolnshire). Assistants: Adam Matthews (Gloucestershire) and Lee Swabey (Devon). Fourth Official: Richard Hulme (Somerset).
Attendance: 4,934 (including 659 Doncaster fans).