Match Details: 02/02/2014
Nottingham Forest 3-1 Yeovil Town
Football League Championship
Yeovil Goals: Kieffer Moore (25)
Yeovil Line-Up: 1. Marek Stech, 2. Luke Ayling, 3. Jamie McAllister, 4. Joe Edwards, 5. Byron Webster, 9. James Hayter, 13. Kieffer Moore, 15. Shane Duffy, 19. Joe Ralls, 23. Joel Grant, 31. John Lundstram
Subs: 7. Kevin Dawson, 10. Sam Foley, 11. Tom Lawrence, 12. Gareth Stewart, 18. Matteo Lanzoni, 24. Chris Dunn, 29. Adam Morgan,
Substitutes Used: Tom Lawrence for Joe Ralls (40 mins), Matteo Lanzoni for James Hayter (80 mins)
Yeovil Town stayed firmly at the bottom of the Championship table tonight, as they lost in the East Midlands for the second time in five days. Their 3-1 defeat against promotion-chasing Nottingham Forest came despite the Glovers having equalised midway through the first half during their best period of the match when Kieffer Moore scored his third goal for the club, having headed home from a Jamie McAllister cross.
The Glovers though had an extremely slow start to the match, and had fallen behind when Byron Webster turned a Jamie Paterson shot into his own net just 16 minutes into the match. Then in the run up to the break, Simon Cox converted from close range after Jamie Mackie put the ball back into the area following a parried Marek Stech save.
The game was wrapped up during second half injury time when substitute Rafik Djebbour bundled home a Cox shot in a second period where the Glovers had struggled to create the quality of chances that they managed in the first. They remain bottom, but must now take advantage of a run of games that will see them perform at Huish Park over six out of their next seven Championship matches. On that, their season is likely to be significantly defined.
Final Score: Nottingham Forest 3 Yeovil Town 1.
Scorers: Byron Webster (1-0, 16 mins, own goal), Kieffer Moore (1-1, 25 mins), Simon Cox (2-1, 38 mins), Rafik Djebbour (3-1, 90 mins)
1. Karl Darlow
18. Gonzalo Jara 16. Jamaal Lascelles 5. Danny Collins 13. Danny Fox
6. Guy Moussi 10. Henri Lansbury
12. Jamie Mackie 11. Andy Reid 21. Jamie Paterson
31. Simon Cox
19. Rafik Djebbour (74 mins for Jamie Paterson) 3. Dan Harding (62 mins for Danny Fox) 9. Darius Henderson (68 mins for Jamie Mackie) 15. Greg Halford 28. Radoslaw Majewski 29. Dorus de Vries 39. Djamel Abdoun
Yeovil Town (4-4-2):
1. Marek Stech
2. Luke Ayling 5. Byron Webster 15. Shane Duffy 3. Jamie McAllister (Captain)
23. Joel Grant 4. Joe Edwards 31. John Lundstram 19. Joe Ralls
13. Kieffer Moore 9. James Hayter
24. Chris Dunn 12. Gareth Stewart 7. Kevin Dawson 10. Sam Foley 11. Tom Lawrence (40 mins for Joe Ralls) 18. Matteo Lanzoni (80 mins for James Hayter) 29. Adam Morgan
Forest Bookings: None.
Yeovil Bookings: None.
Forest Match Statistics: Possession: 52%; Shots: 20; Shots On Target: 4; Corners: 9; Fouls: 7.
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 48%; Shots: 17; Shots On Target: 4; Corners: 5; Fouls: 14.
Referee: Graham Scott (Oxfordshire). Assistants: Thomas Rogers (County Durham) and Stephen Ross (Lincolnshire). Fourth Official: Wayne Porter (Lincolnshire).
Attendance: 21,393 (including 358 Yeovil supporters).