Match Details: 11/01/2014
Yeovil Town 1-2 Burnley
Football League Championship
Yeovil Goals: Kieffer Moore (80)
Yeovil Line-Up: 1. Marek Stech, 2. Luke Ayling, 4. Joe Edwards, 5. Byron Webster, 7. Kevin Dawson, 9. James Hayter, 15. Shane Duffy, 19. Joe Ralls, 21. Liam Davis, 23. Joel Grant, 31. John Lundstram
Subs: 3. Jamie McAllister, 8. Ed Upson, 10. Sam Foley, 13. Kieffer Moore, 18. Matteo Lanzoni, 24. Chris Dunn, 29. Adam Morgan,
Substitutes Used: Kieffer Moore for Kevin Dawson (61 mins), Ed Upson for John Lundstram (67 mins), Adam Morgan for James Hayter (74 mins)
Bookings: Joe Ralls (Foul, 64)
Yeovil Town went down to their eighth home defeat of the 2013-14 season today, as the deadly strike duo of Danny Ings and Sam Vokes struck for promotion chasing Burnley. Ings and Vokes struck the 32nd and the 33rd of their partnership this season, as the Glovers lost 2-1 in a match that largely went the way of the Clarets until the final 10 minutes.
In a first half of few chances, Danny Ings opened the scoring midway through the half when he unleashed a bullet of a shot from 20 yards out to give them a half time lead. Joel Grant hit the top of the crossbar with a header on the hour mark as the Glovers began to carve out a few notable chances, but a defensive error minutes later set up Sam Vokes who had also earlier hit the woodwork, with the striker converting from close range to double Burnley's lead.
That appeared to have put the game to bed, until substitute Kieffer Moore scored his second goal for the Glovers, as his ball into the box went through a crowd of players and landed direct into the back of the net. That set up an exciting final ten minutes during which the Glovers came close to getting an equalising goal, with five minutes of injury time adding to the drama, but in the end that turned out to be too little, too late to stop Burnley going away with all three points.
Link: 2013-14 Latest Championship Table.
Final Score: Yeovil Town 1 Burnley 2.
Scorers: Danny Ings (0-1, 19 mins), Sam Vokes (0-2, 62 mins), Kieffer Moore (1-2, 80 mins)
Yeovil Town (4-4-2):
1. Marek Stech
2. Luke Ayling 5. Byron Webster (Captain) 15. Shane Duffy 21. Liam Davis
7. Kevin Dawson 4. Joe Edwards 31. John Lundstram 19. Joe Ralls
23. Joel Grant 9. James Hayter
24. Chris Dunn 3. Jamie McAllister 8. Ed Upson (67 mins for John Lundstram) 10. Sam Foley 13. Kieffer Moore (61 mins for Kevin Dawson) 18. Matteo Lanzoni 29. Adam Morgan (74 mins for James Hayter)
1. Tom Heaton
2. Kieran Trippier 3. Danny Lafferty 5. Jason Shackell 4. Michael Duff
26. Keith Treacy 8. Dean Marney 37. Scott Arfield 14. David Jones
10. Danny Ings 9. Sam Vokes
12. Alex Cisak 11. Junior Stanislas (73 mins for Keith Treacy) 15. David Edgar 19. Michael Kightly 22. Brian Stock 28. Kevin Long 30. Ashley Barnes (88 mins for Danny Ings)
Yeovil Bookings: Joe Ralls (64 mins, foul)
Burnley Bookings: None.
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 56%; Shots: 15; Shots On Target: 2; Corners: 6; Fouls: 13.
Burnley Match Statistics: Possession: 44%; Shots: 19; Shots On Target: 9; Corners: 3; Fouls: 8.
Referee: Stephen Martin (Staffordshire). Assistants: Mark Pottage (Dorset) and Lee Swabey (Devon). Fourth Official: Justin Amey (Dorset).
Attendance: 6,293 (including 1,705 Burnley supporters).