Match Details: 10/11/2013
Yeovil Town 0-1 Wigan Athletic
Football League Championship
Yeovil Line-Up: 2. Luke Ayling, 3. Jamie McAllister, 4. Joe Edwards, 5. Byron Webster, 7. Kevin Dawson, 10. Sam Foley, 15. Shane Duffy, 17. Paddy Madden, 19. Joe Ralls, 23. Joel Grant, 27. Wayne Hennessey
Subs: 9. James Hayter, 13. Kieffer Moore, 14. Sam Hoskins, 20. Liam Fontaine, 21. Liam Davis, 24. Chris Dunn, 26. Seth Nana Omuri-Twumasi,
Substitutes Used: Liam Davis for Kevin Dawson (82 mins), Sam Hoskins for Sam Foley (82 mins)
Bookings: Joel Grant (Foul, 45)
For the fourth time this season, Yeovil Town went down to a 0-1 defeat in a home Championship match. Like many that had gone before it, the Glovers had opportunities to win the match against Wigan Athletic, with a solid first half performance producing football that should have put them ahead at the break.
However, the warning signs were there to see as the Glovers had to clear off their own goal-line on four occasions - with two pairs of clearances. Just before the half time whistle, Shane Duffy and Luke Ayling hand to clear off the line from Callum McManaman and Marc-Antoine Fortune. Then in the second period there was another double clearance as Byron Webster and Sam Foley.
Wigan were much improved during the second period, and they sealed all three points when substitute Grant Holt - on the pitch for just one minute - steered the ball across the face of the goal, and Marc-Antoine Fortune converted at the far post. Yeovil remain bottom - and once again will be kicking themselves for not taking the chances that came to them earlier in the game.
Final Score: Yeovil Town 0 Wigan Athletic 1.
Scorers: Marc-Antoine Fortune (0-1, 78 mins)
Yeovil Town (4-4-2):
27. Wayne Hennessy
2. Luke Ayling 15. Shane Duffy 5. Byron Webster 3. Jamie McAllister (Captain)
7. Kevin Dawson 4. Joe Edwards 19. Joe Ralls 10. Sam Foley
23. Joel Grant 17. Paddy Madden
24. Chris Dunn, 9. James Hayter 13. Kieffer Moore 14. Sam Hoskins (82 mins for Sam Foley) 20. Liam Fontaine 21. Liam Davis (82 mins for Kevin Dawson) 26. Seth Nana Omuri-Twumasi
13. Lee Nicholls
17. Emmerson Boyce 4. Ryan Shotton 25. Leon Barnett 24. James Perch
33. Marc Albrighton 8. Ben Watson 7. Chris McCann 15. Callum McManaman
19. Nick Powell 32. Marc-Antoine Fortune
3. Stephen Crainey 6. Thomas Rogne 9. Grant Holt (77 mins for Callum McManaman) 12. Mike Pollitt 14. Jordi Gomez 16. James McArthur (90 mins for Marc-Antoine Fortune) 18. Roger Espinoza (85 mins for Marc Albrighton)
Yeovil Bookings: Joel Grant (foul, 45 mins)
Wigan Bookings: Leon Barnett (foul, 20 mins), Marc Albrighton (foul, 38 mins), Ryan Shotton (timewasting, 70 mins), Ben Watson (foul, 73 mins)
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 54%; Shots: 13; Shots On Target: 6; Corners: 12; Fouls: 14.
Wigan Match Statistics: Possession: 46%; Shots: 23; Shots On Target: 3; Corners: 8; Fouls: 12.
Referee: James Linington (Isle of Wight). Assistants: Adam Bromley (Devon) and Adrian Tranter (Dorset). Fourth Official: Paul Rees (Somerset).
Attendance: 6,149 (including 588 Wigan Athletic fans).