Match Details: 02/11/2013
Leeds United 2-0 Yeovil Town
Football League Championship
Yeovil Line-Up: 3. Jamie McAllister, 4. Joe Edwards, 5. Byron Webster, 7. Kevin Dawson, 8. Ed Upson, 14. Sam Hoskins, 15. Shane Duffy, 19. Joe Ralls, 21. Liam Davis, 23. Joel Grant, 27. Wayne Hennessey
Subs: 2. Luke Ayling, 9. James Hayter, 10. Sam Foley, 13. Kieffer Moore, 17. Paddy Madden, 20. Liam Fontaine, 24. Chris Dunn,
Substitutes Used: Paddy Madden for Liam Davis (68 mins), Kieffer Moore for Kevin Dawson (68 mins), Sam Foley for Sam Hoskins (79 mins)
Bookings: Ed Upson (Foul, 72), Shane Duffy (Foul, 77)
Yeovil Town went down to a 2-0 defeat against Leeds United this afternoon, as they slipped back down to the bottom of the Championship table. The match itself was a little more even than the scoreline suggested, with the Glovers growing into the match during a good first half period where they could have been a goal or two up by the break. But three minutes into the second half, the home side's leading goalscorer Ross McCormack showed how to take chances as he peeled off from his marker, receiving a pass from Rudy Austin to open the scoring. The same combination combined again 19 minutes later to double the home side's lead, and that killed off a game that had been in the balance until then.
In addition to Sheffield Wednesday's shock 5-2 win over Reading today, Yeovil's afternoon was also marred by midfielder Ed Upson picking up what is believed to be his fifth booking of the season meaning that he will miss next weekend's home match against Wigan Athletic, if confirmed by the Football Association.
Final Score: Leeds United 2 Yeovil Town 0.
Scorers: Ross McCormack (1-0, 48 mins), Ross McCormack (2-0, 67 mins)
1. Paddy Kenny 2. Lee Peltier 4. Tom Lees 5. Jason Pearce 6. Luke Murphy 8. Rodolph Austin (Captain) 15. Stephen Warnock 20. Matt Smith 22. Scott Wootton 36. Alex Mowatt 44. Ross McCormack
33. Alex Cairns (GK) 9. Dexter Blackstock (58 mins for Matt Smith) 11. Luke Varney 17. Michael Brown 18. Michael Tonge 21. El-Hadji Diouf 24. Marius Zaliukas (41 mins for Stephen Warnock)
Yeovil Town (4-4-2):
27. Wayne Hennessy
4. Joe Edwards 15. Shane Duffy 5. Byron Webster 3. Jamie McAllister (Captain)
7. Kevin Dawson 8. Ed Upson 19. Joe Ralls 21. Liam Davis
23. Joel Grant 14. Sam Hoskins
24. Chris Dunn, 2. Luke Ayling 9. James Hayter 10. Sam Foley (79 mins for Sam Hoskins) 13. Kieffer Moore (68 mins for Kevin Dawson) 17. Paddy Madden (68 mins for Liam Davis) 20. Liam Fontaine
Leeds Bookings: None
Yeovil Bookings: Ed Upson (foul, 72 mins), Shane Duffy (foul, 77 mins)
Leeds Match Statistics: Possession: 42%; Shots: 13; Shots On Target: 4; Corners: 5; Fouls: 18.
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 58%; Shots: 16; Shots On Target: 2; Corners: 8; Fouls: 12.
Referee: Richard Clark (Northumberland). Assistants: Mark Griffiths (South Yorkshire) and Geoff Law (Leicestershire). Fourth Official: Alf Greenwood (North Yorkshire).
Attendance: 25,351 (with 551 Yeovil fans)