Match Details: 05/10/2013
Middlesbrough 4-1 Yeovil Town
Football League Championship
Yeovil Goals: Liam Davis (4)
Yeovil Line-Up: 3. Jamie McAllister, 4. Joe Edwards, 5. Byron Webster, 8. Ed Upson, 15. Shane Duffy, 17. Paddy Madden, 19. Joe Ralls, 21. Liam Davis, 23. Joel Grant, 27. Wayne Hennessey, 28. Andy Williams
Subs: 2. Luke Ayling, 6. Dan Seaborne, 7. Kevin Dawson, 10. Sam Foley, 13. Kieffer Moore, 14. Sam Hoskins, 24. Chris Dunn,
Substitutes Used: Sam Hoskins for Andy Williams (33 mins), Kieffer Moore for Paddy Madden (46 mins), Kevin Dawson for Jamie McAllister (79 mins)
Bookings: Jamie McAllister (Foul, 28), Joe Ralls (Foul, 70)
Yeovil Town were soundly beaten this afternoon at the Riverside Stadium, despite taking a shock early lead against Middlesbrough. Winger Liam Davis took advantage of poor defending by Rhys Williams to put the Glovers ahead by a single goal, but that good start wasn't to last for long. Grant Leadbitter converted an Albert Adomah cross, and then the roles were reversed as a Leadbitter penalty - awarded for Joel Grant's foul on George Friend - was saved by Wayne Hennessey onto the crossbar and Adomah followed up.
Middlesbrough twice hit the woodwork through Kei Kamara during the first half, whilst Paddy Madden had the ball in the net before the break, but had his goal chalked off for offside. By half time, both Andy Williams and Madden were replaced by inexperienced duo Sam Hoskins and Kieffer Moore, but the second half saw Boro maintain their dominance as Jacob Butterfield ran through the heart of midfield to fire home from outside the area, and then Kamara polished things off by heading home from a corner at the near post. The result sees the Glovers slip one place to 23rd place, propped up only by Barnsley losing again against Queens Park Rangers.
Final Score: Middlesbrough 4 Yeovil Town 1.
Scorers: Liam Davis (0-1, 4 mins), Grant Leadbitter (1-1, 8 mins), Albert Adomah (2-1, 24 mins), Jacob Butterfield (3-1, 50 mins), Kei Kamara (4-1, 74 mins)
1. Jason Steele
5. Frazer Richardson 4. Rhys Williams 22. Ben Gibson 3. George Friend
6. Jacob Butterfield 7. Grant Leadbitter 18. Dean Whitehead 27. Albert Adomah
10. Marvin Emnes 29. Kei Kamara
2. Justin Hoyte (77 mins for Frazer Richardson) 8. Jozsef Varga (78 mins for Grant Leadbitter) 9. Lukas Jutkiewicz 15. Seb Hines 32. Jayson Leutwiler 33. Richard Smallwood 19. Mustapha Carayol (62 mins for Marvin Emnes)
Yeovil Town (4-4-2):
27. Wayne Hennessy
4. Joe Edwards 15. Shane Duffy 5. Byron Webster 3. Jamie McAllister (Captain)
23. Joel Grant 8. Ed Upson 19. Joe Ralls 21. Liam Davis
28. Andy Williams 17. Paddy Madden
24. Chris Dunn, 2. Luke Ayling 10. Sam Foley, 7. Kevin Dawson (79 mins for Jamie McAllister) 13. Kieffer Moore (46 mins for Paddy Madden) 6. Dan Seaborne 14. Sam Hoskins (33 mins for Andy Williams)
Middlesbrough Bookings: None.
Yeovil Bookings: Jamie McAllister (foul, 28 mins), Joe Ralls (foul, 70 mins)
Middlesbrough Match Statistics: Possession: 61%; Shots: 22; Shots On Target: 9; Corners: 7; Fouls: 6.
Yeovil Match Statistics: Possession: 39%; Shots: 15; Shots On Target: 4; Corners: 3; Fouls: 19.
Referee: Dean Whitestone (Northamptonshire). Assistants: Paul Curry (Northumberland ) and Ricky Wootton (West Yorkshire). Fourth Official: Barry Gordon (County Durham).
Attendance: 13,181 (including 236 Yeovil fans).